Monday is for Curls
Hey Team! I apologize again for my absence. We have been house hunting like the DICKENS. Burley and I are supposed to move out of the loft by the 29th and we still haven’t found a place. Yikes!!! So we are pedal to the metal over here…
I wanted to share this brief tutorial with you…
I don’t know if you are familiar with the horrible middle-school curling phase that inevitably resembles a freshly groomed poodle instead of the famous movie star waves that you THINK you have on your head… No? just me? Cool.
Well I have tried, in many different acts of sheer hair creativity, to perfect my curls. Hot rollers, curling iron, you name it. I love to spice it up, but I’m always haunted by that middle school poodle!!
Until a few weeks ago I tried something different.
I GOT SOME ADULT CURLS I CAN BE PROUD OF.
Phew – only 25 years to get that one right….
So here is the smallest bit of information that may revolutionize your curl life.
Yup – You are seeing this correctly. The only way to perfect curls is to NOT pinch your hair inside the curling iron, like it is made to do. MIND BLOWING, eh?
When you pinch your hair into a curling iron it does two things that lead to poodle head.
1. It thins your hair out into a flat section (meaning your entire curl will be the same width and size the whole way up/down. This looks too perfect. This looks like a poodle.
2. It hold your hair too tight, so your curl, will then in turn, heretoforetothitherfor, be too tight. Too Perfect. To poodle.
So… Where does that leave us?
Follow these simple steps!
1. Spray a 2 inch section of hair with hair spray.
2. hold the section straight out, and place the curling iron pretty darn close to your head… but not too close.
3. Simply WRAP your hair around the curling iron, starting closest to your head, and ending the the tip of the hair section still being held in your hand. This will cause the section of hair to twist and turn while you wrap it around the iron, creating a more natural curl. You will also burn yourself if you get too close to your head, so that curl will start a little bit further down your hair section, also causing a more natural curl look.
4. Wait for a good 15 seconds (give or take, depending on your curling iron) and let the section fall out.
Then spray again.
I’m sure you may need to tweak the process a bit to find your perfect curls – but this is what worked for me!
**DISCLAIMER** If any guys – are reading this disclaimer… 1st I want to say congratulations. You are one in a million. Second, I want to say, that you will not understand this post. You may read it and think it is shallow. You may read it and think “who cares?!” And to that I say… It’s OK. You don’t have to understand. I don’t hold that against you at all.
You have also never been a middle school girl who looks like a well groomed poodle.
Labels: Fashion and Beauty