This week … I restocked my “To Read” pile and I am oh so excited.
Check out what is on my current reading list:"
1. “The Fault in Our Stars” by John Green – This one I am starting right away (OK – I have already started). The ever lovely and talented Morgangster suggested this on her blog the other day, and I respect her opinion completely. So far, I agree.
2. “Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close” by Jonathan Safran Foer – I’m a huge supporter of reading books before I see the movie. I gotta read this one fast!
3. “Everything is Illuminated” by Jonathan Safran Foer – It was on sale and I recognized the name as his first large work.
4. “War and Peace” by Leo Tolstoy – To be completely honest, I bought this book about 4 months ago and I still have yet to finish 100 pages. I keep picking it up and putting it down. It’s not exactly a book you can keep in your purse to read when you find the time. AKA it’s huge. Nonetheless, in reading it I will accomplish a goal I have had for a long time, and also one of my 20 goals for 2012. Wish me luck.
5. “My Utmost for His Highest” by Oswald Chambers – I have probably read this devotional all the way through, about 3 times at this point in my life. It is a daily read, thoughts and mediations on Christ, his teachings, spirituality, daily walking in faith. It is just priceless. It is a goal during this season of Lent to read every morning.
6. “Q&A” published by Potter Style – This is the coolest book ever. I got it for Burley for Christmas 2010, and we have been trying to keep it updated since then. It has a question a day, every day for 5 years. So for example, on January 1, you will answer the following question: “What is your mission” for five years. A GREAT record, and I highly suggest it for every newly married couple.
What are you reading lately? Any suggestions? I need to start my new list NOW!