I feel like I'm starting to get that 15 year old girl giddiness back in me, when it comes to the weekend. I love it. I feel the sun shining in my office... I can't wait to get outside... I usually splurge and buy a coffee... Gah. There's just nothing better.
Last week I shared some photos of my first venture into baking, with my brand new Kitchen Aid (that still gets me excited.
Today I wanted to share the recipe that I have been using/tweaking to get the perfect loaf of bread. I'm not there yet... But I'm getting there!
2 pckgs dry active yeast
1/4 cup warm water
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup butter
3 Tspn. Salt
2 1/2 Cups very warm water
4 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 3/4 all purpose flour
- In a small, separate bowl, mix yeast in warm water and set aside
- In a large bowl mix honey, butter, salt, and very warm water. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- To cold mixture, add in 3 cups of whole wheat flour on low speed. Scrape bowl as you go.
- Beat in remaining 1 /12 cups of flour and dissolved yeast.
- Add in more flour until the mixture pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Knead dough with remaining all purpose flour for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl w/ towel over top for 30 minute.
- Deflate the dough (punch that stuff!). Then, divid into two parts. Shape it and place in loaf pan.
- Let the separate loaves rise for another 30 minutes.
- Cook bread to 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes more.
There she is. A true beauty. I have made a few loaves now and am REALLY loving the results... Though I have to give a lot away so I don't bread bloat... Don't act like you don't know what im saying.
Have a great weekend guys! I know I will.
And seriously... Thanks for reading.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin